These chewy pecan, cranberry and date granola bars are packed with all the sunshine energy and goodness you need to get through your day. They will also give you a boost to help you live your best life and do the physical exercise you enjoy.
A special thanks to Nita West for this delightful treat.
Takes 20 minutes to make
¾ cup Chopped pecans
1 ½ cup rolled (gluten free) oats
½ cup Montagu cranberries
½ cup (1 packet) Montagu No-No fruit flakes (cut up into smaller pieces)
4 – 6 Montagu Dates (cut up into chunks)
¼ cup of sesame seeds / chia seeds
¼ cup of Montagu pumpkin seeds
½ cup Maple syrup
¼ cup Almond butter / nut butter of choice
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the nut butter and syrup in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring continuously.
3. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, quickly remove from heat, adding in the vanilla essence and whisk vigorously.
4. Add the sticky mixture to the granola mix and combine well.
(This is also a very sticky process that the kids can assist with once the mixture is cool enough to touch. )
5. Line a square baking dish or bread pan and press mixture into it. Using your hands and another sheet of baking paper on top to press down firmly.
6. Refrigerate and cut into squares or bars.