This easy egg muffin recipe is great for lunchboxes! It’s such a fun, versatile and nutritious snack to pack for school or for work.
We came across this recipe on the Lekker Braai Recipes Facebook page and had to share to help moms with the lunchbox ideas.
Salt to taste
1 cup of milk
3 heaped tbl spoons self-raising flour (Can replace with almond/coconut flour, just remember to edit the amount of flour as coconut flour is very dense)
1 tsp mustard or mustard powder
Filling ingredients of your choice:
(1 cup): mushrooms / ham / cheese / bacon / tuna / biltong / onion and tomato
1. Mix eggs, salt, flour, milk and mustard in a bowl. Add your filling ingredients. Mix gently.
2. Spray and cook your muffin pan or grease it with some olive oil.
3. Spoon mixture into muffin pan cups.
4. Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes.
Hints and tips:
* For a flourless option, you can turn this into a frittata recipe. Increase eggs and add cream.
*Add some seeds for a little extra nutrition.
*Kids love these and it’s a great way to get some spinach and other healthy food into those busy little bodies.