One week of the June/July school holidays is down. Two more to go and you are no doubt wondering how to keep your kids entertained. With more than three and a half weeks of school holidays we know it’s quite a job to keep them out of mischief and in a happy space. Parents need to become top entertainers and working parents learn how to juggle work and family at a fast pace.
We have had such a great response to the Montagu Dried Fruit and Nuts holiday activities for kids competition that we decided to collate some of the suggestions made by our fans into one article.
Here are the top 25 fun holiday activities for kids to help our parents with some ideas on how to keep kids entertained for the remainder of the school holidays.
- Host a dance or talent competition for the whole family. Parents must also take part.
- Make different coloured play dough with the kids and spend hours making play dough sculptures.
- Invest in Lego blocks.
- Decorate plain white stones that you buy at the nursery with different coloured permanent markers.
- Visit the local public library.
- Bake sugar cookies or cupcakes together and decorate them with icing and sweets.
- Make your own home made slime.
- Go for a hike.
- On a sunny day, pack a picnic and head out to the local park.
- Build a fort with blankets and chairs and have a picnic inside the fort.
- Make popcorn and watch movies.
- Play a board game like Monopoly.
- Get the creative juices going by making arts and crafts with recycled materials around the house.
- Beach or park clean up – remember your gloves and a plastic bag.
- Invest in a few puzzles for the family.
- Make paper mache crafts and paint it.
- Make your own home made paint and enjoy finger painting. Why not try this puffy paint recipe for fun.
- Blow up some balloons and play some indoor balloon games.
- Make your own bird feeder and watch as the birds come to feed.
- Have an inside treasure hunt. Leave clues around the house and/or garden let them solve it until they find the treasure.
- Plant veggie seeds in the garden or in a pot.
- Go out for a Putt-Putt game.
- Visit a local museum.
- Do some fun science experiments with the kids. Here’s 50 fun science experiments for kids.
- Play your own indoor bowling game, made up out of old cold drink bottles and a tennis ball.
One of the most popular holiday activities was cooking and baking with your kids using Montagu products. Watch this space for some fun recipes that you can use for your holiday baking.
Happy holidays everyone and thanks for sharing all the fun stuff you do with your kids with us!