Special thanks to Teresa Ulyate of Cupcakes & Couscous for creating this recipe!
Filling and nutritious balls of goodness, perfect for keeping the little ones energised at school and at home.
Makes 25 Muesli Balls
- 200g pitted dried prunes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 50ml honey
- 1 cup plain muesli
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon•
- ½ tsp finely grated orange rind
- 60g dark chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- Place the prunes, peanut butter and honey in a food processor. Blitz together until combined.
- Add the muesli, coconut, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, cinnamon and orange rind and blitz again until combined into a thick paste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and arrange on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the muesli balls. Leave to set. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.