The ultimate winter warmer!
This Moroccan Peach and Chicken Stew with Toasted Almonds, created by the talented Katelyn Williams of The Kate Tin is sure to become your family’s new favourite meal. Yum!
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 cup pitted green olives (optional)
- 100g Montagu dried peaches, roughly chopped
- 2 preserved lemons, rind chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g Montagu almonds, toasted and chopped to garnish
- Couscous, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional) or 160°C for fan-forced ovens.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof casserole. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper then brown them in the hot oil (don’t worry about cooking the chicken through completely). Remove the chicken pieces and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the garlic and onions until soft then add the harissa paste and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Return the chicken to the pan with the honey, chicken stock, olives, peaches and preserved lemon rind. Place in the oven, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is reduced.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and toasted almonds and serve with couscous.
Be sure to stock up on peaches, almonds and olives at your nearest Montagu store.