Special thanks to Ilse van der Merwe from The Food Fox for developing this recipe.
Some days you need an over-the-top salad with more “goodies” than you can imagine.
This BBB combo is probably the best braai salad you can imagine: lots of biltong, crumbled blue cheese and crunchy brazil nuts on top of creamy avo slices and peppery rocket, topped with a sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing. Heaven!
for the salad
- 1 bag of fresh rocket leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Montagu salad biltong
- 125 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 100 g brazil nuts (whole or roughly chopped)
for the dressing
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- 10 ml honey
- salt & pepper
- Arrange the rocket, cucumber, avo, blue cheese, biltong and brazil nuts on a large, wide salad platter, spreading it out in even layers, almost like you’re topping a pizza (reserve a few rocket leaves for the top of the salad).
- Note: If you’re using a smaller, deep salad bowl, the first people who dish up will be stealing all the goodies on top!
- In a jar, add the ingredients for the dressing, then shake it well to create a smooth thick dressing.
- Pour all over the salad and serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a side dish. Enjoy!