The Banting diet has become the new eating trend in SA, thanks to Professor Tim Noakes’ new book ,The Real Meal Revolution. This eating lifestyle refers to a Low carb high fat (LCHF ). Tim Noakes’ eating plan was first prescribed in 1861 by a Harley Street surgeon Mr William Harvey with great success to a corpulent London undertaker, Mr William Banting, thus it is more appropriately named the Harvey/Banting diet.
The Banting has been the standard treatment for weight loss in all the major European and North American medical schools for nearly 100 years until it suddenly went out of fashion after 1959 when it was written out of all the major medical and nutritional textbooks, to be replaced with its polar opposite, the currently popular low fat, high carbohydrate, ‘heart healthy’ diet.
Montagu Dried Fruit & Nuts stock the three essential nuts which can be incorporated into your diet; Almonds, Macadamias & Walnuts.
Find a store near you for a regular supply of this healthy nuts! http://bit.ly/MDFNStores
10 rules of The Banting Diet
1. This is not a high protein diet. It’s a high fat, medium protein, low carb way of eating
2. Choose real foods that look like what they are, and cook them from scratch
3. Fat is not the enemy. Enjoy it!
4. Eat only when you are hungry; eat until you are satisfied – then stop
5. Don’t eat when you’re not hungry. You won’t die if you occasionally skip a meal you don’t feel like eating.
6. Stop snacking. You won’t need to – it’s just a habit.
8. No grains of any kind
9. No (or very, very little) fruit. Think of it as a sweet rather than a health snack.
10. Embrace eggs. They’re healthy, satisfying and very good for you.