Gingerbread Men Recipe with Montagu Dried Fruit, Nuts & Seeds
Try this simple Gingerbread Men recipe with Montagu dried fruit, nuts and seeds. As fun to decorate as they are to eat, Gingerbread Men have long held the top holiday cookie title. These DIY gingerbread men are primed to keep the top spot. With just 15 minutes to make, decorating takes center stage. Find a Montagu store near you http://bit.ly/MDFNStores
- 1 cup Granola
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- Ready-to-use frosting or icing
- Assorted nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- In a food processor, pulse granola until finely crushed.
- Add to a bowl and whisk with flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, with electric beaters, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in molasses.
- Stir in dry ingredients and beat just until mixed.
- Knead as needed to form dough.
- Divide dough into quarters and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll to 6mm thickness.
- With floured 5-inch gingerbread man cutter, cut out cookies, pressing firmly. Reroll dough as needed.
- Arrange on prepared pan, spacing 5cm apart.
- Cook in batches, baking in middle oven for 10 minutes or until just until lightly golden on the bottom.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Ice with frosting and decorate with nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch