TRY OUR LATEST YUMMY RECIPE, COURTESY OF TERESA ULYATE OF CUPCAKES & COUSCOUS!
This versatile toasted nut and seed mix adds delicious flavour and crunch to chicken, roasted vegetables and salads, and is also tasty just eaten on its own! Store any leftover mix in an airtight container in a cool place.
- 150g Banting Friendly Blend, roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil plus extra for frying
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced lengthways
- 2 big handfuls of lettuce leaves
- 250g cubed butternut, roasted
- handful of rosa tomatoes, halved
- feta cheese to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and grease a baking tray.
- Combine the Banting Friendly Blend, cumin, coriander and sea salt flakes in a bowl. Add the soy sauce and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spread the mixture on the tray and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of the toasted nut and seed mix over the chicken and rub in. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the fillets over a medium heat until cooked through. Remove from the pan and slice.
- Pop the lettuce leaves onto your serving plate. Arrange the sliced chicken, butternut and tomatoes on top. Crumble some feta over the top and finish off with a sprinkling of toasted nut and seed mix. Serve immediately.
Serves 2. Enjoy!